Before You Begin
- This is a one-time process only. Once complete, you won’t have to do it again.
- If you do not have a BenU ID card, please visit the Police department in the parking garage to
get one (Note to student workers, if you do not have a card, your supervisor will need to fill out
the Network Access Request Form to receive a student worker printing ID card).
- Please know that you can still print without a BenU card, but it requires you to enter your
username and password at the screen.
How To Associate Your BenU Card with your User ID for Printing:
- If the printer is “asleep” (the screen is black”) gently tap the screen to bring it back up.
- You should see a green PaperCut screen. If you see a blue screen with several icons on it, tap the
PaperCut icon in the upper-right.
- Swipe your card, with the magnetic strip facing to the left (toward the printer).
- To reduce errors, make sure your card is sitting flat against the reader and swipe the card slowly and evenly through the reader, making sure it remains flat during the entire swipe.
- If you hear two beeps, then the card was successfully read.
- You’ll then see a screen saying that your card isn’t known to the system and to tap “Next” to “associate” your card.
- Login with your BenU Credentials and follow the on-screen instructions to enter your user ID
and password. The printer screen will confirm that you’ve successfully associated your card.
- Click OK to return to the login screen.
- Remember to logout after you finish working with the machine by pressing the “Logout” button in the top right corner of the screen (If you forget, the system will log you out after 60 seconds).
To use the system from this point forward, just swipe your card at any printer.