When you access library online resources from off campus, you’ll be automatically prompted to sign in to the Library Proxy.
- Username: Your username is your full Benedictine email address. If you're a student, this will be your b-number with the “b” (e.g., firstname.lastname@example.org). If you’re a faculty or staff member, your username is usually your first initial and last name (e.g., Jdoe@ben.edu).
- If you’ve forgotten your password or your password has expired (passwords expire every 180 days), reset it.
- Wait a full 15 minutes and then try signing in again. After 6 failed login attempts, your account will be blocked for 15 minutes. If you sign in before 15 minutes have expired, your account will be blocked for another 15 minutes.
- Clear your cache and cookies or switch to a different browser.
- If you’re using a VPN, disconnect from the VPN.
- Chat with a librarian on the Library website or email email@example.com.
Go to BenSearch, click Sign In in the upper right corner, and click BenU Login.
- Username: Your username is your BenU email address.
- Password: Your password is the same password used to access MyBenU, BenU email, and D2L (not Engage).