Each morning you will receive the End User Digest that contains a list of emails that were blocked from delivery to your Inbox. Please take a moment each day to review the digest. Note that by default if no messages were blocked you will not be sent a digest unless you change the setting in the Proofpoint web site.
Your digest will look similar to the one below. Here’s how to decipher what you’re seeing.
1. The digest is sent from email@example.com. Obviously, this means that if you have any questions about the digest, don’t reply to the message. Instead, contact the Help Desk.
2. The subject of the digest lists the number of message blocked by Proofpoint in the last 24 hours.
3. At any time you can request a new end user digest by clicking this link. A new digest with an updated list of messages will be sent to you.
4. As you add and block senders, it can become difficult to remember who are on your Safe Senders and Blocked Senders lists. Click this link to receive a list of your Safe and Blocked addresses.
5. There is a web interface to Proofpoint that you can login to and manage your messages, Safe and Blocked lists, and other settings. Click the link to access the web site. Login to the web site with your Benedictine credentials.
6. If you’re unsure if you want to release a message, click the Subject of the message. The message will appear in a browser for you to review safely. When you’re viewing the message in the browser you’ll see links that will let you:
- Release the message-the message will be delivered to your Inbox
- Allow Sender-this will add the sender to your Safe Senders list and let future messages be delivered to your Inbox without being blocked
- Block Sender-this will add the sender to your Blocked Senders list, preventing future messages from being delivered to your Inbox
7. Click Release to have the message delivered to your Inbox.
8. Click Allow Sender to add the sender to your Safe Senders list.
9. Click Block Sender to add the sender to your Blocked Senders list.
10. Click Release to have the message delivered to your Inbox.
11. Click Release and Allow Sender to have the message delivered to your Inbox and add the sender to your Safe Senders list.
12. Click Not Spam to help Proofpoint learn what is Spam and what isn’t.
Note that you don’t have to do anything to the messages you see in the list. The messages will be automatically dropped after 14 days. So to save time you might want to only take action on the messages you think are legitimate.